Welcome Home Handsome

Welcome Home Handsome

Followers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Excerpt from "Power of a Praying Parent" in my words.



Even those of us who aren’t worriers can agree that there are times when we struggle with thoughts about our children’s safety.  Stormie says “Often our most urgent and fervent prayers regarding our children are for their protection. It’s hard to think about other aspects of their lives if we are worried sick over their personal safety. How can we pray about future events when we’re concerned about them even having a future?” She goes on to say “Being a praying parent doesn’t mean that nothing bad will ever happen to your children or that they will never experience pain. They will, because pain is a part of life in this fallen world. But the Bible assures us that our prayers play a vital part in keeping trouble from them. And when a painful things does happen, they will be protected in the midst of it so it will be to their betterment and not their destruction.”  I know that I am a worry wart, always have been (ask my Dad).  I know I only want what's best for my boys.  I have to realize that I cannot protect them forever, and that I need to place them in God's hands and trust that he will when I can't.  I can pray for myself that God will direct me and show me the ways to be the best parent that I can be, to instill important value's and moral's. I want them to be Christ-like, to live with compassion, to strive to keep forgiveness and understanding in their hearts, to have hearts like a servant.  Some people would say that I may put too much thought into this, or that I try to put them in a bubble.  That may be their opinion, but I'm just trying to due my duty as being the Mother that God has intended me to be.
~ Prayer ~
Lord,
I lift (Wyatt and Clayton) up to You and ask that You would put a hedge of protection around them. Protect their spirit, body, mind, and emotions from any kind of evil or harm. I pray especially for protection from accidents, disease, injury, or any other physical, mental, or emotional abuse. I pray that they will make their refuge “in the shadow of Your wings” until “these calamities have passed by” (Psalm 57:1). Hide them from any kind of evil influences that would come against them. Keep them safe from any hidden dangers and let no weapon formed against them be able to prosper. Thank you, Lord, for Your many promises of protection. Help them to walk in Your ways and in obedience to Your will so that they never come out from under the umbrella of that protection.  Keep them safe in all they do and wherever they go. In Jesus’ name, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment