Welcome Home Handsome

Welcome Home Handsome

Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Walk By Faith-I'm coming back to you!

Luke 6:35-38;42


But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." ... How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. 


My heart has been heavy over the last few weeks.  Knowing that I need a change in my life.  Knowing that I'm not satisfied with the ways I'd been living.  I need to live my life in the way that God has called me to live.  To live by grace, to live by forgiveness, to live by FAITH, to live by compassion.  

In the past I have judged, I have gossiped, I have lied, I have embellished the truth, I have done many things that I am not proud of.  Those things do not define me.  I have asked God's forgiveness and I have forgiven myself.  You can not say anything to me that will hurt me.  You have no hold over me.  I have forgiven you, for all of the slanderous things you have said to me, for all of the lies, for all of the gossip, for all of the assumptions.

It feels like a weight of 1,000 pounds has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I know who I am, I am a child of God.  I know what I feel in my heart.  I truly feel sorry for those you can't experience life in the way that God has intended for them.  I feel sorry for those that get so enthralled and wrapped up in gossip and trash talking.  But my life has been so peaceful since I have ridded it.

It's been a hard road, and it will continue to be a hard road.  It's not easy to live by faith.  But something has been missing from my life since I walked away from Christ over five years ago.  I'm finding myself more at peace, not as easily hurt by others.  Part of that is the guard I've place over my emotions, not allowing myself to get close enough to get hurt.  I won't lie, I'm a little bit afraid.  But God has a plan for me, a plan to prosper me, and I will have faith that he has only the best of plans for my life.  I will live for him, and pray for the strength to keep going, the strength to not give into the temptations of evil.

I will pray for my enemies, that they will see the light, that they will be able to find peace in their own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment