Welcome Home Handsome

Welcome Home Handsome

Followers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's the little things...

I'm sitting here late on a Saturday night going back and forth from my computer to the laundry room, and I suddenly think of something that I overly thankful for, that most take for granted, haha.  So here is a list of some little things that I am thankful for when more often than not I seem to complain.  They are in no particular order.

My husband-tonight I was craving some fruity candy and a Dr. Pepper (I RARELY drink soda).  And since I can't see well do drive at night (due to a WAY expired contact prescription) he offered to drive to the shoppette at 10:30pm to get them for me. I could go on for days on all of the things he does for me and our family, he is a great Daddy and a wonderful husband.  I consider myself blessed.

My washer and dryer-this may sounds really silly-when we moved to Colorado 2.5 years ago we left our washer and dryer in Washington knowing that the apartment we were moving to did not have hookups.  We hauled laundry back and forth quite a ways to the laundry room and payed $2.50 for each load we did for 2.5 years. Through the rain/snow/ice/heat, and late and night for me when Nathan was deployed.  So having my own washer and dryer in my house and only having to haul it from the upstairs to the down, is such a blessing.

My Mom-she is the most beautiful, compassionate, caring, loving woman that I have ever met.  She has done so much for me.  I mean she has always been there for me.  She's always praying for me and thinking about me. She always knows when I need a pep talk or a laugh.  She's never judged me, even when I've strayed.  She believes in me, even when I don't.  She knows me better than anyone will.  I only hope that I can live be to like her.  I only hope that once day I can repay her.  She is the type of person who would give you her last dollar, or the coat of her back if you needed it.  She is one of my hero's.  I love you Mama!

My boys-even on my darkest days they bring smiles to my face and a giggle in my throat.  I could not have asked God for a better gift then them.  I tend to be an emotional person, I get aggravated easily and I often have bad days, but no matter how much I may get frustrated with them, they make me smile.  It's all in the little things they do.  I could go on for days about them.  I love than more than I thought I could ever love another person. They are my sunshine!

My Dad-though we don't talk often, he ALWAYS knows when I need HIM to call.  We have this connection and everytime that I need that call from my Daddy my phone rings and he says, "You were on my heart tonight sweetheart and __________".  Always perfect timing.  Though we may often disagree on a variety of things, and we may not see eye to eye, he loves me and he'll never fail me.  He's been the backbone for our family, and he has nothing but my best interest at heart.  I only wish when I was younger that I would have taken him more seriously.  Yes, Dad, you were right!  I love you from the bottom of my heart!  <3

My Brother and Sister-for always being there for me.  For always forgiving me and understanding me.  I can't express how thankful I am to have such a close connection with you two, even still from so far away.  I love you both so much and I don't know what I'd do with out you in my life!

It's getting late, there are countless things I am thankful for, I really am a blessed woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment