Welcome Home Handsome

Welcome Home Handsome

Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's that time of year...

...when I sink down and start feeling sorry for myself.  That's what the holiday season does to me when I'm 1400 miles from home.  If I had all the money in the world I would fly them all down here to spend the holidays with us.  Living the Army life is no joke, it's definitely not easy.

It's hard to sit here knowing that family is gearing up for big holiday get togethers, while we will be sitting home alone.  Don't get me wrong, I am blessed.  I have my two wonderful boys, and my husband safe and sound stateside this year.  But it doesn't make it any easier to know we miss out.

I often times feel "forgotten" by most of our families.  I feel that as though we are in Colorado we are "out of sight and out of mind".  I only wish we were close enough to home to be able to hop in the car and visit on a moments notice, but just can't be for us.

What I wouldn't give to be able to close the door on this chapter of our lives and open a new one back home.  Back where we'd be with family.  Where I wouldn't miss out on my Niece being born, or helping my Sissy plan for her wedding (whenever that will happen).  Missing out on having family surround us for birthdays.  I am so very grateful for those very few who have remembered us, mainly the boys while we're apart.  You know who you are, and you are loved and appreciated.

I really don't know why I'm just rambling.  I suppose it's just easier for me to get my feelings out in print rather than sit here and wallow in my own self pity.  Now I will be off, pulling myself up by the boot straps, put my big girl panties on, and make the best out of our unfortunate situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment