Welcome Home Handsome

Welcome Home Handsome

Followers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am one lucky girl!

First off, let me thank all of my wonderful family and friends to reached out to me with unconditional love and support in regards to my last blog.  I love you all, and all of the support, prayers, and hugs have meant the world to us.  I also think that I fixed it to where people can now comment on my blogs, lol.

These last few months have hit our family hard from several angles.  Many of you know that we are dealing with Nathan's PTSD and other issues.  We also had it confirmed today from Nathan's new doctor that he does in fact have Narcolepsy .  I'm dealing with my Fibromyalgia.  Our finances have been hit.  Dealing with the Army's BS. The cherry on top would be our recent miscarriage.  I've been down to my deepest point wondering "why me?". Right at the time in my life where I've made a conscience decision to live my life the way that God wishes, or at least trying as humanly possible.

I've come to realize that I'm being tested.  My faith in God is being tested.  Do I really have faith that he has a perfect plan for my/our life?

When I get hit with a trial I tend to get angry and feel sorry for myself.  But now I will hold my head high, believing that everything happens for a reason.  The outcome of a terrible situation can be turned into a lesson.  What do *I* choose to do?  From this moment on, I am going to look at the positives in an awful situation.  What are the blessings in disguise that I should be seeking out of it?  I am striving to live gracefully, and that's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to start being creative.  I truly have been blessed.  I have a wonderful life, a wonderful husband, two amazing little boys who never cease to amaze me, and a wonderful circle of family and friends.

Thank you to everyone who has stood by side, who have helped hold me up when I'm crumbling.

Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Laura. Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to really realize what we have huh? Have faith that God will never lead you wrong.

    ReplyDelete