Welcome Home Handsome

Welcome Home Handsome

Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Religion & Politics

If there are two things I HATE discussing more than anything else, it's religion and politics. 

Some may argue it's because I don't know much about either.  Everyone can have their opinions.  I will be the first to admit that I don't know much about politics.  Honestly, I don't care to.  I have my opinions and I prefer to keep them to myself.

Religion, I know about Christianity.  I was raised in that religion.  I know my fair share of it.  Yet, people still feel the obligation to shove their religion (Christianity) down my throat.  Throw scriptures in my face as though I'm naive and uneducated in this area.

I'm getting to the point in my life where I honestly do not know what I believe anymore.  Because the Jesus I was once, did not treat people the way that Christians do these days.  The Jesus, *I* believed in did not "Bible Bash".  In fact, there was no Bible when he was walking the earth.  I'm so sick and tired of being made to feel "guilty" for not attending church or for the way I am raising my children.  I'm so tired of being looked down upon for decisions I have made in my life.  Or for the fact that my husband has different views and lots of doubts as well. 

Christians have this way of knowing everything about everytghing and making sure that everyone knows it and that we are all wrong for not following their ways, opinions, etc.

I really don't know what I am even trying to flippin' say at the moment.  My laptop is about to die for good and I just don't have the time to get my jumbled thoughts into a proper blog.  So yeah...

...I really don't know what I believe at this point.  I still pray, read a devotional, and teach my kids about the God I was raised to know.  But in my heart and mind I have many many questions and doubts. 

I'd love to take some world religion classes and learn about other religions more deeply.

At some point I will continue on with this mess of a blog and organize my thoughts to make better sense.

So go on....judge me like y'all always do in your hearts...

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya' lady. I feel like there are flaws in EVERY religion, including Christianity. I try really hard not to judge others, even if I don't agree with their decisions/point of views/etc, but I can NOT stand someone acting like they are better than other people because of their religion. That is not what the Bible teaches, and that is NOT what Jesus taught. Jesus taught love and acceptance. Also (courtesy of Scott's sister who is a pastor in Chicago), in regards to the homosexuality thing you were talking about before, which I didn't want to get involved with because I didn't feel like a debate, in the original text/language when they refer to homosexuality, they refer to laying next to a young, male prostitute. They NEVER talk about if a man loves a man or a woman loves a woman. Just something she found out in seminary.

    You gotta do whats best for you and your family. I think you're doing a great job Laura. :) Keep it up, and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't judge. Like you, I feel that I don't follow enough to be able to talk about politics, so I steer clear. As for religion, I myself only know what I know and have experienced. I am just not very smart about those two topics.

    Most people do not know this but Justin & I are Wiccan. We chose this (I will explain the story at another time) because we have many questions about "God", the "Bible" and Christianity. However, I do not know a lot about it to have a full on discussion about it either. Enough to get by. There is sooo much too learn about it. It is an earth based religion and a very old one.

    It's not all about worshiping Satan or sacrificing animals. There are many sects to Wicca as well. But most people do not want to educate themselves enough to know the differences in Wicca.

    I'm not gonna go into detail about this religion. If you want to talk more about it, we can ;) I don't force it, I explain and answer as best we can lol. I will say that you can very easily mix Christianity into it. It's actually a very beautiful religion.

    ReplyDelete